Rewards & Benefits
Total Rewards is designed to enhace your employment experience with Convergys. The program highlights four key areas identified by YOU as key to work place satisfaction: Financial, Lifestyle, Work Environment and Learning & Development.
- Competitive compensation rewards employees based on individual performance
- Compensation structure designed to maximize net salary
- Performance driven annual salary increases
- Provident fund with matching contribution from Convergys
- Gratuity after 5 years of continuous service with Convergys
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your direct dependents (Coverage includes short/long term disability and maternity benefits)
- Group Medical Insurance & Personal Accident Policy
- Highly subsidized meals, snacks and beverages during shifts
- Transport facility to and from the office
- Shared vision, mission and values guide actions and behaviors
- Informal dress code
- Dynamic corporate culture that is, well, FUN
- Rewards & Recognition programs, employee activities and unique platforms to interact with the senior management
- Employee helpdesk for payroll and banking queries, tax planning and much more
- Secure and comfortable work environment. Employee hotline to share feedback and internet kiosks for net access.
- Work/life balance provided with time off(holidays and leave)
Learning & Development
- Convergys communication and culture training - learn from the Global Customer Care Leader
- Program training that makes you an effective team member supporting our world-class client
- Self-development through instructor and the latest computer based training methods
- Education Assistance Program (eligibility on confirmation)
- Personal and professional development
WORKING AT CONVERGYS IS A "REWARDING" EXPERIENCE.
Total Rewards Program @ Convergys
Convergys is an equal opportunity employer and practices fair wage concepts. Salaries are based on job type, specific skill level requirements, geographic location of the business center, and employee experience. Convergys offers high-quality, comprehensive employee benefits that go beyond the usual venturing just not yours but your family's well being too. Our employee benefits are designed to enhance the employment experience at Convergys.
We strive to ensure a healthy and secure life for our employees through benefits programs spanning from Family Health Care, Life Insurance, Home Pick up and drop, Stock Options, accommodation assistance, Vacation Programs, Education Assistance, Medical Assistance amongst others.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS @ CONVERGYS
- MEDICAL BENEFITS
- Group Mediclaim Insurance (Hospitalization)
- Group personal accident insurance
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI)
- Employee State Insurance
- EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN
- LEAVES at HOLIDAYS
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PLAN
- MEAL VOUCHER
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
Eligibility - Convergys provides comprehensive list of benefits to their regular and full time employees.
All the following benefits are provided at no additional cost to the employee and this cost is over and above employee’s compensation.
- GROUP MEDICLAIM INSURANCE (HOSPITALIZATION)
Convergys provides the mediclaim insurance cover for Rs.100,000 expenses incurred towards hospitalization of a regular, full-time employee and their family. Family includes spouse and dependent children upto 2.
The coverage starts from the date of joining of the employee. The Insurance policy provides for pre-existing disease cover and waiting period waiver. Maternity related hospitalization is also covered under this Insurance.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance:
Employees are provided insurance cover of Rs. 500,000 against death or disablement resulting solely and directly from accident caused by external violent and visible means. The cover provided is for all the twenty-four hours and all over the world.
The coverage starts from the date of joining of the employee. The payment will be made to the nominee of employee in the event of death (as mentioned in the Form-)
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI)
- Employee State Insurance
The Company provides home pick up and drop facility to all its employees through the company transport services within the company defined transport zones. Escort guards are provided to ensure safety of our female employees traveling alone during night shifts between 5:30 pm to 9:00am.
EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN
Employee Stock Purchase Plan — ESPP is designed to enable the employees to invest in Convergys stock. Under this program, employees have the opportunity to own Convergys stocks through a payroll deduction-based stock purchase plan. The organization matches 15% of the employee’s contribution. The stocks are purchased through treasury share purchase and have no lock-in period, i.e., they can be sold and purchased at any time.
The employee contribution is subject to a cap at a certain percentage (20%) of employee’s monthly fixed salary. Convergys ESPP is open to all employees who have completed six months of service with Convergys India Services Pvt. Ltd.
LEAVES at HOLIDAYS
The Company provides following leaves to its employees:
- 22 earned leaves i.e. 0.83 days for every completed month. Accrual up to March 31st (15 months) of next year.
- 6 paid national/festival holidays (8 in case of Bangalore) and 2 floating holidays as (RH) per year
- 7 days of sick leave
- Maternity leave as per the law
- Vacations are typically taken as earned, whenever work schedules permit
Convergys recognizes value in the personal and professional development of employees and support employees who want to develop their skill and knowledge.
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PLAN
Covers all confirmed employees who have completed 6 months of service with CIS. This benefit covers any degree/diploma or certification course of minimum 12 months duration from a recognized/accredited college/university/Institute that pertains to the employee’s current position or a reasonable attainable position within Convergys and deemed suitable/recommended and approved by the Reporting Manager.
ANNUAL ENTITLEMENT OF THIS SCHEME IS UP TO RS.24,000.
Convergys pays Gratuity as per the Payment of the Gratuity Act, 1972. Employees become eligible for gratuity on completion of five years of continuous service with the company; the gratuity is paid only at the time of separation. In case of demise, the gratuity will be paid on completion of 240 days of service with the company.
Sodexo Meal Pass — an useful tax friendly benefit which gives employee an option to choose their meals from any of the Sodexo affiliated restaurants, office canteen, food courts and outlets. Employees can opt for fixed allowance of Rs. 1100 per month as meal voucher (Rs. 13,200 per annum) as a salary component.
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
Convergys India is a very lively place to work. There are many exciting events & competitions on various occasions that one can participate in & win prizes. There are all-India competitions aimed at driving customer satisfaction index (‘WOW' Customer Experience Challenge), adopting English as the first language (“WOW" English First Challenge), & more, that give an opportunity to all employees to participate & earn reward points & redeem those points in exchange for a variety of goodies.